Judgment Modification

Your circumstances have changed. You have a new job, your ex-spouse re-married, you have a job offer in another county or state. It’s time to re-evaluate the original judgment set forth in your divorce.

Your new situation can affect the terms of your divorce. You need to speak to a qualified family law attorney who knows the court systems and how to fight for men’s rights. ADAM attorneys have extensive experience evaluating the changing scenarios and assisting clients in seeking judgment modifications in Michigan.

Before you go to court, we will help determine what your options are regarding:

  • Child custody
  • Change of domicile based on parental relocation
  • Spousal and/or child support modifications

Can I Move Out of State?

If you are the custodial parent, Michigan law prohibits a proposed move with your children out of state or more than 100 miles without consent from the judge who awarded custody or the judge’s successor. Court approval can be obtained either by stipulation and agreement between the parents or by filing a motion and requesting a hearing.

If you are the custodial parent looking for a judgment modification, call ADAM first 810-244-2326. We will fight for your rights as a parent and for what is best for your children.

Before you take action, speak with an experienced divorce attorney
Request a Confidential Consultation
* Indicates required questions
Name *
Email *
Phone # *
Briefly Describe Your Situation *
Preferred Method of Communication
Telephone Email
The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.