Ms. O’Brien knew she wanted to be an attorney since the seventh grade, and she
pursued her career goals with the energy and commitment necessary to reach that goal.
Ms. O’Brien’s philosophy has led her to use a range of alternative dispute resolution
approaches to reach fair, amicable settlements outside the courtroom. She puts her
empathetic, approachable style into practice, helping parents understand their options
and keep their children’s interest as a top priority. She is also able to litigate
successfully when necessary and no other sensible option is available. She has over
fifteen years of experience in Family Law and she is a trained Mediator and certified in
- State of Michigan
- Arizona State University, B.S.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- State Bar of Michigan Family Law Section
- Certificate Holder in the areas of Family Law – Issued by the Institute of
Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) and the Family Law Section of the State Bar
- Certificate Holder Domestic Mediation and Collaborative Practice
- Livingston County Bar Association (Co-Founder of Family Law Section)
- Genesee County Bar Association
- Fenton Chamber of Commerce
- Past Livingston County Child Abuse Prevention Council (CAP), member and
- Past Co-chair of the Family Law Section of Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Past Board member of Fenton Youth Football and Fenton Football Boosters